Can you avoid going to the dentist because you brush and floss daily? Absolutely not. While these are critical steps to your overall and oral health, nothing replaces going to the dentist every six months for a cleaning. In this blog, we’ll discuss the necessary steps when determining the right dentist.
Where to Begin
If you know it’s long overdue for a trip to the dentist, but don’t know where to begin when searching for one, consider these tips:
- Ask friends, family and co-workers. Odds are one of them has a dentist they would love to recommend.
- Take those suggestions, conduct a Google search and look-up reviews about this practice.
- If you’re moving out-of-town, ask your current dentist if they recommend anyone from the town you are moving to.
Narrow Your Search
After you consider these recommendations, narrow the search down to a select few and make sure:
- They take your dental insurance.
- They have an office near your home.
- They are friendly in-person and over the phone.
- They aren’t over-charging for common procedures.
This may seem like a lengthy process, but it’s worth it in the end. You don’t want to jump from dentist to dentist because you didn’t take the time to get to know the practice and the people working there.
Why Choose Arnold Dentistry?
At Arnold Dentistry, our staff is friendly, reliable and knowledgeable. If you’re considering joining the Arnold Dentistry Family, give us a call or stop in and you’ll be greeted kindly by any of our staff members!