Your smile is a wonderful and unique characteristic that spreads joy to the people around you. Even if someone is having a bad day, simply smiling at them as you walk by can turn their day around. Unfortunately, many individuals aren't happy with the appearance of their teeth, deterring them from smiling and affecting their mood.
When a person smiles, the brain releases molecules called neuropeptides to help fight stress. In fact, one Sweedish study suggests that smiling creates a ripple effect. The study states that when someone smiles at you, it's nearly impossible to not smile back. Smiling has the potential to produce a never-ending cycle of happiness!
In this blog, we'll discuss how a positive smile can produce an influential change in your life in addition to the services Arnold Dentistry offers that can help generate beautiful, healthy teeth.
The Power of a Smile
Did you know, 48% of people say they notice a person's smile before anything else? Whether it's an interview, first date or just passing someone on the street, a smile can kick-start any first encounter.
Imagine going to an interview that you were excited about. Before anything is said, what do you think is the best way to make a great first impression? The answer is a smile! This is the easiest and most positive form of nonverbal communication out there.
So, the next time you're trying to land that big job, spread happiness, or create a great first impression, don't forget to smile!
How important are Teeth when Smiling?
86% of people say good teeth are the most important thing when smiling. Other factors were the shape of your smile, size of the smile, and gums (also very important for health).
Having a great smile requires confidence. Many people are self-conscious of their teeth, in turn, self-conscious of their smiles. Arnold Dentistry offers a variety of procedures that can reinstate confidence in your smile:
- Teeth whitening - Many people have darkened or stained teeth. Teeth whitening helps brighten your smile.
- Fillings - Composite fillings are now widely used instead of amalgam (silver) fillings to repair teeth with cavities. Tooth-colored fillings are also used to repair chipped or broken teeth.
- Porcelain veneers - Veneers are thin custom-made, tooth-colored shells that are bonded onto the fronts of teeth to create a beautiful smile. They are used when teeth are damaged, discolored or poorly shaped.
- Dental Crowns - A crown is a tooth-colored, custom-made covering that encases the entire tooth surface restoring it to its original shape and size. They are ideal for teeth that have large, fractured or broken fillings and also for those that are badly decayed.
- Dental Implants - Dental implants are artificial roots that are surgically placed into the jaw to replace one or more missing teeth.
- Orthodontics - Less visible and more effective brackets and wires are making straightening teeth with orthodontics much more appealing to adult patients. Also, in some cases, teeth may be straightened with custom-made, clear, removable aligners that require no braces.
Second-guessing yourself every time you're about to smile can be frustrating and dissolves your confidence. Arnold Dentistry is here to help. We specialize in cosmetic dentistry and have helped numerous people by restoring their natural smile. If you would like to schedule an appointment to see if you're a good candidate for any of our cosmetic dental procedures, give us a call and you'll be assisted by one of our friendly staff members!
Source: sclhealth, shape